The Fletcher Club of New York seeks nominations for members of the Board of Directors to support the Club’s mission of developing, maintaining, and strengthening professional and social relationships among Fletcher alumni living in the area. Over the years, the Club has hosted timely discussions with top notch panelists, held monthly happy hours, vibrant holiday parties and provided scholarships to students interning in New York.Also, we have a lot of fun!
In accordance with the Club’s bylaws, it is time for Board Member elections. The following positions are available (see full descriptions below), and are elected to two year terms: President, Vice President, Communication Chair, Treasurer, Social Chair, Membership Chair and General Board Member.
To nominate yourself, a friend or a classmate to join the Board of the Fletcher Club of New York, please visit https://tufts.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_03tZC75J3BGmL3L and complete the survey.
Nominations will be collected until May 28. Those nominated will be contacted before elections and asked whether they accept the nomination. Online elections will follow the nominations.
Thank you for your participation!
- Act as Chairman of the Board of Directors and convene all meetings of the Club
- Serve as ex officio member of all sub-committees
- Determine overall direction of the Club
- Recruit, retain and oversee Club executive board and committee chairs
- Liaise with University entities (ODAR, Offices of Career Services and Admissions, various schools within the University)
- Principal office of the Club is located at the residence or office address of the person serving as President
- In the absence of the President, the Vice President presides at all meetings of the Club and of the Board of Directors and is an ex officio member of all sub-committees
- Work with President to determine direction of the Club
- Assist in scheduling Club meetings
- Coordinate with all executive board members planning/hosting events to maximize efforts and minimize conflicts
- Keep minutes of all meetings; file event reports to the alumni office
- Act as communication liaison between the Board and the Fletcher community in New York City to ensure effective communication
- Maintain social media presence
- Coordinate with Social Chair to draft and communicate relevant website and newsletter content for the Office of Development and Alumni Relations
- Create/Distribute all marketing materials including, but not limited to: event announcements, activity announcements, reminder emails and member communication
- Oversee photography for Club events
- Attend board meetings and prepare and present financial statements
- Manage Club’s bank account, including deposits from events/fundraisers, withdrawals for bills, scholarships, etc
- Offer budget advice and assistance to the President, Vice President, Social Chair, and other board members managing Club events
- Coordinate with Membership Chair on annual dues process and payments
- Monitor Club financial assets to assure sound management and prevent any misuse
- Create a balanced schedule with a focus on social, professional, philanthropic, continuing education, sporting and cultural events
- Plan general events that cater to the community at large and specific events that cater to a particular age or interest group within the Fletcher community
- Lead the planning and logistics for approved events. Event planning involves, but is not limited to, indentifying locations, scheduling time/dates, handling on-site matters during the event
- Investigate potential sponsors to defray event costs
- Coordinate with Communication Chair to draft and communicate relevant website and newsletter content for the Office of Development and Alumni Relations
- Recruit and maintain membership
- Maintain a roster of members in good standing
- Maintain a historical record of yearly membership of the Club
- Act as liaison between the Board, Alumni Association staff and reports activity and interest in membership/volunteering to the appropriate contact
- Develop strategies to recruit and retain memberships by developing benefits of services that meet the needs of Club members
General Board Member
- Attend all board meetings and functions
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs
- Serve on committees and/or offer to take on special assignments
- Promote the Fletcher Club of New York